Monday, July 6, 2015

Monday Vase: Simplicity in Green and White

Jasminum sambac, Arabian jasmine, Monday Vase meme, amy myers ceramics
A single stem of Jasminum sambac is the beauty in today's vase.

This is the jasmine that I was so happy with in a recent post.  It speaks for itself (especially if you are near enough to smell the fragrance)...
Jasminum sambac, Arabian jasmine, Monday Vase meme, amy myers photographyJasminum sambac, Arabian jasmine, Monday Vase meme
The jasmine is in one of my own vases: a drop-shaped vase tapering to a small mouth.  The whole piece was handthrown in stoneware clay, then covered with a blue-green glaze tinted by copper; a small touch of flow glaze accents the mouth.  I made the piece several years ago, but it remains one of my favourites.
Jasminum sambac, Arabian jasmine, Monday Vase meme, amy myers ceramics
It seemed like a nice cool arrangement for this July Monday.  Linking with Rambling in the Garden, with a big thank you to Cathy for inspiring us all with this wonderful meme...

Happy Monday!
Jasminum sambac, Arabian jasmine, Monday Vase meme
Weather Diary: Fair; High: 102 F (39 C)/Low: 75 F (24 C)

14 comments:

  1. A fabulous vase showing off your jasmine....my favorite fragrance...wish i could grow these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Donna! It's a lovely scent... Luckily, it seems to be well-adapted here; it might make a good greenhouse plant in a colder climate, I don't know :)

      Delete
  2. Your vase is a very beautiful color - I still have yet to grow my vase collection beyond the standard clear glass vases that come with ordered bouquets, but the In a Vase blogs, such as yours inspire me to find more unique vases for my collection and growing number of garden bouquets. Beautiful vase this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rebecca! I do find that it's fun to be able to coordinate the vase and the flowers; and it makes for some creative making and shopping ;-)

      Delete
  3. It's a beautiful vase and the simplicity of the contents fits it nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An elegant vase for this Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and that just sums up the meme, Amy - it need only take a single sprig to bring pleasure to a vase on Monday. Thanks for sharing it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The jasmine certainly needed no additions - beautiful foliage, isn't it? Thank you, Cathy :)

      Delete
  6. lovely simplicity - I adore green and white and Jasmine too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sometimes I think green and white is all I need in colour ;-) Thanks, Ann!

      Delete
  7. A lovely simple arrangement and photos, Amy, I can understand why the jar is one of your favourites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Brian! I enjoyed putting this one together; sometimes, the simpler, the happier...

      Delete