Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Monday Vase (belated): Red and Pink

monday vase meme, dianthus, rose "Lavender", Kordes, small sunny garden, amy myers, desert garden, old china
Monday's work in the garden left me without the energy to post for the Monday Vase meme, but here is the one I had envisioned: just a little cupful of dianthus and miniature roses.
monday vase meme, dianthus, rose "Lavender", Kordes, small sunny garden, amy myers, desert garden, old china
It is time for cool season annuals here; and though I have seeds for Dianthus "Chianti", I picked up a blooming six-pack the other day so I already had some flowers available today.
monday vase meme, dianthus, rose "Lavender", Kordes, small sunny garden, amy myers, desert garden, old china
At the same time I found a miniature rose on offer, another of the series put out by Kordes for containers.  As my first one ("Daniela", which has appeared on these pages at various times) has been so successful, I was prompt to pick up another -- especially as its lavender-pink tones are perfect for the South Border.  This one was simply called "Lavender", and appears to have plenty of growing and blooming vigour.  Blooms are classic little tea rose shapes.
kordes lavender, dianthus, small sunny garden, desert garden, monday vase meme, amy myers
I slipped in some foliage from a potted lemon verbena and came in to search out the perfect teacup.  Or is it a chocolate cup?
monday vase meme, dianthus, rose "Lavender", Kordes, small sunny garden, amy myers, desert garden, old china
  Stamped only "Silesia", I have no idea of the date of this one, but the pink and red rose pattern was just the thing.
monday vase meme, dianthus, rose "Lavender", Kordes, small sunny garden, amy myers, desert garden, old china
The centres of the Dianthus are pink, matching the hues of the roses.
monday vase meme, dianthus, rose "Lavender", Kordes, small sunny garden, amy myers, desert garden, old china
They all made a pleasant little tumble in the cup...
monday vase meme, dianthus, rose "Lavender", Kordes, small sunny garden, amy myers, desert garden, old china
Well, this is not the first time I have posted a "Tuesday Vase"!  Hope you will all enjoy it and go ahead and check out the other vases at Rambling in the Garden.

Happy Monday!
monday vase meme, dianthus, rose "Lavender", Kordes, small sunny garden, amy myers, desert garden, old china
Weather Diary: Partly cloudy; High: 87 F (31 C)/Low: 59 F (15 C)

10 comments:

  1. It's a very sweet arrangement, Amy. The floral color combination and the vessel couldn't be more perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure which teacup I was going to use till I noticed that one... then there was no doubt ;-) Thanks a lot, Kris!

      Delete
  2. I like Brian's comment - most apt! Aren't miniature roses sweet? They have certainly contributed to the most perfect miniature arrangement - thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely are sweethearts, and they've lasted well, too. I'm sure there will be more with these if all goes well :) So glad you've enjoyed this little arrangement!

      Delete
  3. so pretty! I love Dianthus and they are usually very long-lasting too. I wonder where you have it as I am imagining it on a bedside table?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Dianthus - and the little roses too - are lasting quite well! Truth to tell, most of my vases end up on the kitchen bar so everyone can enjoy it during meals... This one would probably be best on a smaller surface - but then I would be the only one to get to see it ;-)

      Delete
  4. Ta présentation est ravissante, les couleurs harmonieuses et les photos sublimes. J'aime beaucoup...
    Belle journée
    Jocelyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were little treasures, wonderful to get to use them all together! So happy you enjoyed them :) Thank you so much and wishing you a pleasant weekend!

      Delete